A big ‘Thank you’ to Karen H from Yarn It Up for being sweet enough to nominate Wightstitches for the Liebster Award!
Apparently Liebster means dearest or valued in German, and the Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to nominate and award other bloggers that they enjoy. It is also a nice way of showing support to others, especially newbies.
The current rules are as follows:
- When someone nominates you, you accept and thank them with a link to their blog.
- Display the award in your post (and on your home page if you desire).
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who have no more than 200 followers and inform them with a comment on their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions your nominator gave you.
- Ask 10 new questions to be answered by your nominees.
Answers to the questions I was asked by Karen H.
1. What is your favorite craft? Whichever craft I happen to be doing at the time. I alternate between crochet and knitting but I do like felting, sewing and tapestry too.
2. Do you do crafts full time (is it your job)? IF not, what do you do for a living? Due to ill health in recent years, Wightstitches has been a way for me to try and regain some ‘meaning’ to my days. Very much in the embryonic stage at the mo, but determined to turn it into a viable business asap.
3. Who taught you what you know? As stated in my post The Pondering of The Poncho, I was taught to crochet by a school friend when I was nine. My late mother tried to teach me to knit and although I picked up the basics, I really couldn’t get on with the way she held her needles (tucking one needle under her arm) she also worked really fast. So self taught really, during my early twenties … still learning after 35 years. 🙂
4. What is your favorite blog? Really enjoying The Honking Goose at the moment. But so many fabulous sites out there, rather difficult to choose just the one!
5. What is your dream? To turn my pattern designing into a viable business that financially supports me and to publish a book of my patterns.
6. What country would you most like to visit? Italy …
7. What is your favorite book/movie? Favourite book: The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter. Favourite film: 84, Charing Cross Road.
8. When you were a kid, what did you dream of being as a grown up? Can truly say that I never thought about it..lol
9. Do you have pets? What are they and what are their names? No pets allowed where I live but would love a cat (too predictable for a yarner?)
10. What is your favorite quote? ‘I’m Pink, Therefore I’m Spam’ … far too much Monty Python in my youth. 🙂
My 10 Nominees.
Yes I can count…honestly!
Epic fail on finding 10 blogs with less than 200 followers (correction, found them but they didn’t allow comments so couldn’t let them know about the nomination!) Spent hours!!! So huge apologies but if I do come across any more, I shall add them, promise…… (if you fall into this category, PLEASE let me know… thanks)
10 Questions for my Nominees
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Where would you most like to live?
- Do you manage to make a living from your craft?
- Are you a Lark or an Owl?
- What is your favourite song and what makes it special?
- What was the last book you read?
- Where did you spend your best holiday?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If you had to choose just one flower to grow in your garden, what would it be?
- Which new craft would you most like to try?
Well, there we are then. Task (nearly) completed. Only took 5 hours .. ;p
Don’t forget to:
1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
2. Display the pink Liebster Award in your post
3. Answer the questions I posted
5. Nominate 10 other bloggers with up to 200 followers and inform them by commenting on their blog or contacting them
6. Write ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.
Best of Luck! ♥